Dear Valued Customer:
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to evolve and impact our lives, I want to make you aware of OUC’s efforts to ensure you continue receiving the essential services of reliable electricity and water you’ve come to expect from your hometown utility.
We have weathered many storms, and although this one is of a different nature, we take our role in this situation very seriously. We are not only fully prepared to keep the lights on and water flowing in your home but also to the business community with priority restoration to our area’s hospitals and emergency response centers.
Here are some tips that can help you, as well as updates on our planning:
We are here for you by phone, email and my.OUC.com.
- Customer service agents are available via phone at 407-423-9018 or email at email@example.com.
- Self-service options are available via your myOUC account.
- The Customer Service Walk-in Center at our Reliable Plaza building in downtown Orlando is temporarily closed for the safety of our customers and employees.
We are prepared for the potential challenges to come.
- OUC is no stranger to emergencies, and our staff has been actively monitoring the virus and executing a plan for the past several weeks to make sure our customers have the utility resources they need during this time.
- We continue to monitor updates and abide by recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and other government entities that are working tirelessly to minimize the impact of this virus.
We understand that this has impacted many of our customers.
- To assist our customers during this crisis, we have suspended both disconnects due to non-payment and late fees until further notice.
- Project CARE, OUC’s emergency assistance program in partnership with the Heart of Florida United Way, provides resources for customers unable to pay for utility services due to hardship. If you are in need of assistance from Project CARE, please call Heart of Florida United Way at 2-1-1. If you would like to donate, visit OUC.com/projectcare.
- If you need to make payment arrangements, call Customer Service at 407-423-9018.
- We encourage you to stay as current as you can with your payments to avoid building up a large balance.
- Commercial customers who need assistance should call 407-423-9018, extension 3, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit OUC.com/business.
- As temperatures are heating up and you’re spending more time inside your home, we encourage you to follow simple home energy efficiency tips to keep your bill in check. Find these tips at OUC.com/hotweather.
We are making sure our employees are safe.
- To reduce the potential spread of the virus, we have moved swiftly so our employees who can work from home are doing so.
- You may, however, see OUC operational employees working in the community on reliability enhancement projects, such as tree trimming, infrastructure hardening and undergrounding and even requesting access to your property to inspect our equipment. As we approach hurricane season, this work is essential to keeping our electric grid operating smooth. To ensure safety first, we have instructed our employees and contractors to practice appropriate social distancing, and we request that you extend the same courtesy.
Keep yourself informed and alert.
- Be aware of scammers who will try to take advantage of you during this unusual time. OUC will never ask for your personal information over the phone or demand payment using money orders or gift cards.
- Check for further updates and tips on how you can stay safe at www.ouc.com/coronavirus.
OUC is proud to be your hometown utility, and we will be with you the entire way. Together, we will get through this and become an even stronger community. Every one of our employees is committed to serving you as The Reliable One.
General Manager & CEO