Clint Bullock, OUC’s General Manager and CEO, has been named to the second annual Florida Trend Florida 500 list.
Florida 500 is a Florida Trend special section that highlights the 500 most influential business leaders in different economic sectors throughout the state. Compiled by the magazine’s editors, the list offers a personal look at the state’s most influential business leaders.
Bullock was recognized in the Energy category. In his first 18 months as the utility’s leader, Bullock:
- hosted a 100-day listening tour with employees and community leaders
- announced a new strategic initiative, Connected 2025, connecting customers, employees and the community
- held OUC’s first Electric Ride & Drive event to promote electric vehicle (EV) adoption in Central Florida
- welcomed Michael Bloomberg, United Nations Special Envoy on Climate Change to the utility’s Gardenia Operations Facility as part of the American Cities Climate Challenge
- committed to increasing OUC’s solar platform nearly six-fold by investing in 108.5 megawatts of solar power and serving as the anchor tenant through a partnership with the Florida Municipal Power Association
- launched an Electric Integrated Resource Plan to analyze the community’s future electric needs
- signed the organization’s first EV commercial charging contract
- championed an electric bus pilot program with LYNX that has garnered a $1.9 million grant from the Federal Transit Association.
“One of the projects we are very excited about,” Bullock said recently in a Florida Chamber of Commerce interview, “is community EV charging stations. We are going to add more community charging stations to help advance electrification in our community.”
An Orlando native and 30-year OUC veteran, Bullock became CEO in 2018. He previously led the commission’s electric and water delivery operations, including engineering, construction, maintenance and operations of the transmission and distribution systems.
About OUC—The Reliable One
Established in 1923 by a special act of the Florida Legislature, OUC—The Reliable One is the second largest municipal utility in Florida. OUC provides electric and water services to about 400,000 accounts in Orlando, St. Cloud and parts of unincorporated Orange and Osceola counties. Visit www.ouc.com to learn more about our commitment to reliability, affordability and sustainability.