ORLANDO – OUC —The Reliable One has brought in additional resources, including linemen, trucks and call takers, just in case the service area is impacted by Tropical Storm Colin late tonight or tomorrow morning.
Follow these tips to protect your family and home before tonight’s storm and the next one:
Be sure your correct phone number is on file with OUC, so you can stay informed about estimated service restoration schedules via calls from our automated phone system. OUC’s phone number is 407-423-9018
in Orlando/Orange County and 407-957-7373
in St. Cloud/Osceola County.
- Organize a family plan, including meeting places, phone numbers and responsibilities.
- Locate nearby shelter locations in case of evacuation.
- Store patio furniture, toys, plants and other outdoor items.
- Following a power outage, unplug large appliances to protect them from a power surge and fire hazards.
- Never run a generator inside your home or garage, and never plug it directly into your home’s electrical system – individual appliances should be directly plugged into the generator.
Customers may report outages by calling OUC’s 24-hour Emergency Service hotline at 407-423-9018.
Follow us on Twitter at @OUCreliableone for updates as needed.
About OUC—The Reliable One