OUC Ready for Freezing Temps
Publication Date: 1/2/2008
Customers Urged to Stay Safe When Keeping Warm During Cold Snap
ORLANDO – OUC-The Reliable One is ready to provide power for home heating systems during this week’s cold snap. All OUC power generation and transmission systems are ready to go.
To ensure fast response should any problems develop, OUC will have additional electric distribution trouble crews on hand.
OUC wants to remind customers to be safe when keeping warm by following these tips:
· Keep portable heaters at least three feet away from furniture, bedding, walls, clothing and other flammable items.
· An electric blanket can help keep you warm on a cold night, but follow the manufacturer’s instructions and make sure you turn it off and unplug it when it's not in use. Never tuck an electrical blanket in.
· Never use your stove or oven to heat your home. It can cause fires.
· Cover any exposed water pipes and leave pool pumps running to prevent freezing.
· Keep thermostats set at 68 degrees or lower to save energy.
· At night, close blinds or drapes to help keep cold air out. During the day, open blinds/drapes to let the warm sunshine in.
Customers may report outages by calling OUC’s 24-hour Emergency Service hotline at (407) 823-9150.
Established in 1923 by a special act of the Florida Legislature, OUC—The Reliable One is the second largest municipal utility in Florida. OUC provides electric and water services to more than 200,000 customers in Orlando, St. Cloud and parts of unincorporated Orange and Osceola counties.
Go Back To The Listing