How to Apply
Commercial Customers - How to Apply
Overview of how to apply for OUC's Solar Program
- Solicit quotes and select a contractor to install the solar system.
- Submit two original signed Commercial Solar Service Agreements
- Install proper metering equipment.
- Contractor/customer pulls required permits and completes inspection.
- After permit inspection is complete, contact OUC’s Renewables Department confirming metering equipment has been installed.
- OUC’s Renewables Department then requests OUC’s Electric Meter Shop to schedule an inspection.
- OUC’s Electric Meter Shop calls the customer to schedule an inspection.
- OUC completes the solar system inspection and if applicable, installs the electric meters for PV systems.
- For thermal, OUC processes a one-time $250 credit towards the installation of the BTU meter (pictured right) on the OUC bill.
- Customer starts receiving monthly credits on the OUC bill.
This checklist has been summarized for web site purposes, to see the complete checklist please download the OUC Solar Commercial Application and Checklist below.
Required documents to participate in OUC’s Solar Program:
- OUC Solar Commercial Application and Checklist
- Commercial Solar Service Agreement (CSSA)
- Interconnection Application
- Example of an acceptable one-line diagram
Thermal: no supplemental documents required.