One has brought in additional resources, including linemen, trucks and call takers, just in case the service area is impacted by Tropical Storm Emily.
Follow these tips to protect your family and home before tonight’s storm and the next one:
- Be sure your correct phone number is on file with OUC, so you can stay informed about estimated service restoration schedules via calls from our automated phone system. OUC’s phone number is 407-423-9018 in Orlando/Orange County and 407-957-7373 in St. Cloud/Osceola County.
- Organize a family plan, including meeting places, phone numbers and responsibilities.
- Locate nearby shelter locations in case of evacuation.
- Store patio furniture, toys, plants and other outdoor items.
- Following a power outage, unplug large appliances to protect them from a power surge and fire hazards.
- Never run a generator inside your home or garage, and never plug it directly into your home’s electrical system – individual appliances should be directly plugged into the generator.
Customers may report outages by calling OUC’s 24-hour Emergency Service hotline at 407-423-9018.
For comprehensive guidelines and hurricane season updates, visit www.ouc.com/stormcenter.
To check for outages in your area, visit OUC’s online outage map at www.ouc.com/outage.
Follow us on Twitter at @OUCreliableone for updates as needed.
About OUC—The Reliable One
Established in 1923 by a special act of the Florida Legislature, OUC—The Reliable One is the second largest municipal utility in Florida. OUC provides electric and water services to 375,000 accounts in Orlando, St. Cloud and parts of unincorporated Orange and Osceola counties. Visit www.ouc.com to learn more about our commitment to reliability, affordability and sustainability.