Active Military, Veterans & Their Families
Rarely does society celebrate the contributions of the family members of active military and veterans who have sacrificed as much as our service men and women. OUC is dedicated to supporting all members of our military families as they make the transition to civilian life.
OUC employees who are members of an armed-services unit will be granted paid leaves of absence for part-time military training. When an employee returns from military leave, and upon receipt of documentation verifying military pay, the Commission shall make up the deficit between normal OUC pay and the total amount of government base pay received while on training duty. Reservists called to active military duty for indefinite extended periods will be granted leaves of absence for active military duty. For the first 30 days of this leave, the employee will receive normal OUC pay. After 30 days, OUC will provide a salary supplement for active duty call-ups for up to an additional six (6) months.
Military Leave of Absence and Employee Deployment Support
- We keep employees informed of promotional job opportunities during their deployment.
- We assist deployed employees with the application process for promotional opportunities.
- We freeze openings allowing those deployed the opportunity to interview and will delay their start date until the employee returns.
- We take steps to ensure employees are kept whole with respect to pay and benefits during their deployment.
- We check-in with employees and their families during their deployment, often sending words of encouragement, cards and care packages.
- We celebrate the safe return of our employees and personally thank them for their service.
OUC is proud to assist our military members, veterans and their families in their transition between military and civilian life. OUC offers relocation assistance to any service member or veteran to cover additional costs not paid for by the military during out-processing.
Spousal Outplacement, Career Advancement, and Educational Program
We know when we hire you; we also hire your family. Often, the biggest sacrifices are made by spouses of active military service men and women and veterans. We understand the obstacles families must overcome to make such a life-changing move. This is why, to assist, OUC offers outplacement services for military spouses. This service includes resume writing, job search assistance, reimbursement for recertification/tuition/professional licensing etc.